****PROTIP: GO TO CLASS.****

,

Friday, October 28, 2011

PROTIP: Use Secret Codes to Save Money on Online Purchases

Relevant shopping related rage comic.

Have you ever filled your online cart on a website and wondered if you really were getting the best deal?
Well, most online merchants provide a place during the checkout process to enter a "promotional code."

In this box, you can type in a code that will significantly save you money! A code that can give you a certain percentage off or even free shipping!

These codes work just like tangible coupons and gift certificates you would use in actual stores.

The thing is, you have to do some searching the web for these codes, fortunately for you I've listed some great places to find these awesome codes.

www.dealcatcher.com 

www.currentcodes.com

www.dealhunting.com

http://www.edealfinder.com/

Of course you can always do a more defined search, for example I use to shop at Hottopic.com a lot. On the site I noticed that as a member I would get a big discount for my birthday month. I kind of "gamed" the system for a while by creating multiple accounts with a fake birthday for every month of the year, that way I would be able to use the birthday discount code whenever I wanted! I saved a lot of money by doing this, however I don't think you should completely exploit it the way I did! But hey, who is stopping you?

The birthday discounts I received ranged from percentages off, to $5-$10 off a purchase, and free shipping!

The next time you purchase something online and notice there is an option to enter a code, search around the web for a while for a code. It could save you shipping, tax, or even shave off a few dollars from your grand total!


1 comments:

CC said...

I totally agree with you about finding the codes to save money. My sister searches for them and uses them all the time. Those are really great websites for codes! I'll be sure to use them next time.

Post a Comment

Search